Photo credit to Domenico Loia on Unsplash
Many people work virtually today which has impacted how we work with others. One shift is how we share work and information.
Cloud-based file sharing is a convenient and cost-effective 💵 way to store and share files. Let’s look at how to set this up.
- The first step is to choose a cloud ☁️ storage service. There are several available, and they vary by features, storage limits, and pricing. Some are free to a certain limit. Choose a reputable service that best fits your needs.
- Create your account using your email address and select a password.
- Choose the files and folders 📁 that you want to share. You can select individual files or entire folders.
- Decide☝️who you want to share your files with and how much access you want them to have.
- Share the link 🔗 to the file or folder you want to share with those you want to have access to it.
- As people access your shared files and folders, you may want to change their permissions or revoke access altogether.
- Make sure your files are secure 🔒 by using strong passwords. You may want to include two-factor authentication and encrypting your files. Back up your files regularly. ✅
Setting up cloud-based file sharing will allow you to collaborate with others on your files and documents, improving productivity and efficiency.